Κυριακή 26 Οκτωβρίου 2014

What’s up my readers , today we‘ll talk about the week that has passed.
So as you may or may not know, I have been taking part in a challenge, made by BSN and Bodybuilding.com.
Anyway, this was the first week of the challenge.
It was a pretty good week, although my training intensity wasn’t so perfect, as I was a little bit sick from the previous week.
But that’s ok, I tried to do my best and I had good workouts.
I went 4 times to the gym and worked each muscle group twice.

As you may or may not know my training split is :
  1. MON (Chest, triceps, shoulders)
  2. TYE (Back,Legs,Biceps)
  3. WEN Rest
  4. THUR (Chest, triceps, shoulders)
  5. FRI (Back,Legs,Biceps)
  6. SAT Rest
  7. SUN Rest
 three exercises for each muscle group.

Now let’s move on nutrition !
Alright, my plan was to be in caloric surplus for the week, by 100 calories, 2400 calories.
My Workout days were 2550 calories and my Rest days 2200.

Workout Days :
  • Carbs : 260-270 gr.
  • Protein : 190-200 gr.
  • Fats : 60-70 gr.
Rest Days :
  • Carbs : 160-170 gr.
  • Protein : 190-200 gr.
  • Fat : 60-70 gr.
Saturday morning , I wake up, went to bathroom and then checked to see how we are going on the scale.
It said ….
151.2 pounds (68.6 kg)
Which is 0.2 pounds (0.1 kg) more.
This might be water, or glycogen or anything.
Anyway, I believe I am in the right direction, obviously it will be better if I had gained 0.2 pounds more, but let’s see what the next two weeks have to offer.
My nutrition plan is going to be the same for the upcoming week also.
I don’t want to rush anything, being patient is very important, i ‘ll check my weight in a week ,Saturday and see what it will say.

One more thing I want to mention, two years ago I didn’t want to bulk, cause I was fear that I will gain fat, I didn’t wanted that at all.
But now I learned that building muscle without being in caloric surplus and steroids-free person isn’t going to happen !
Maybe if you are newbie to weightlifting.
Anyway, so if you are also this type of  guy don’t stop your gains just because you are afraid of  being in caloric surplus.
If you decide to bulk up and see your self  a week after not so vascular don’t panic and say that you gained fat.
Not at all ! Don’t panic people !
You just have more water due to the increase in carbohydrates,
You can’t be ripped year around, it’s not healthy and you aren’t going to build muscle.
It’s like constructions, if you don’t put the concrete you can’t build a building, the same rule applies on muscle development, fat is the concrete. You are going to gain a bit of fat, but not from the first week.
If you do it carefully and eating healthy and nutrient dense foods you aren’t going to gain much fat and when its time, you cut for a month or two and you reveal all the hard work you put on !!! 
And let me tell you, it will be epic !!!
So come on guys its Bulking season !!!
Although this doesn’t mean eating whatever your see on sight !
You can follow the 80-20 rule or even better the 90-10.
Let me explain what that means
It means that 80-90 % of your meals will be clean foods and 20-10 % will be a cheat meal.
This will keep you on track and keep your diet in check.

Hope I helped and rethink your nutrition philosophy.
If you have any questions feel free to ask at kostkopanos@hotmail.com

0 σχόλια :

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Show Emoticons