Παρασκευή 17 Οκτωβρίου 2014

What's up my reader's, today we 'll talk about my cutting phase and what's coming next.

Let's start from the beginning, as i said in another post , my cutting phase started somewhere in March and ended in October.
It was an pretty interesting experience, with struggle at some points, but when you looking in the mirror and seeing an improved version of your self, you are so happy .
You have accomplished one more goal, and you like your self even more !!!
Cause you improved it and that's what i am looking forward to do !

The start was tough, not because of food  but because i didn't knew what to do. And keep in mind that i knew my calorie maintaince level.
I was searcing  on the Internet information about how to cut.
I was confused at the beginning, but then i figure it out.
The problem was that i was seeing carb cycling and which at the time i didn't knew it's a different thing.

If you don't know what carb cycling is,  let me tell you.
It's a way of manipulating carbohydrates, in order to lose fat and build muscle  at the same time , sounds awesome doesn't it.
Although it's great for fat loss,  when it comes to build muscle , i believe lean bulk is your best bet.
Anyway so you cycle your carbohydrates, 1 High carb day (2-2,5 gr per pound), 3 Low  days (0,5-1 per pound) and  3 Medium days (1,5 gr per pound)
Fat intake should also cycle, opposite to carbohydrates. When you have high carbs you should keep fat intake minimum, and when low carbing your fat go up . When medium , aim about 20 - 25% of your total calories.
Protein can be the same same for convenience, but if you don't mind you can also change it.
When High carb your protein will be the lowest of the week (1-1,1 gr per pound)
On the other hand when low carb,  you will have the highest (1,5-1,7),the medium (1,25-1,4)
Rate of fat loss should be about 1 pound per week.
If you don't lose for 3 weeks decrease your calories.
On the high carb day your calories will be in excess of maintenance level,  in order to kick start the fat loss progress.
When restricting calories your metabolism slows down .
But weekly you must be in caloric deficit.
I will be posting a article about cutting prety soon  , with even more details.

After that break let's keep going....  Where was i ,  oh yeah, so i read  a lot of articles and finally had a idea of how to start. Believe me that was the toughest thing.
In the beginning i didn't monitored my macronutrients closely, only the carbohydrates and of course the calories.
I started with a deficit of 100 calories, you might think it's too little, but for me it worked prety well, i lost 1 pound the first week, zero the next and zero the next one. So i maked another deficit of 100 calories.
In the third week i said "i must hit the macros "
From that point on, my fat loss Kickstarted !!! I was watching not only the carbs but protein and fat also.
 *And for the history, i wasn't trying to have enough protein, on the contrarary, i was trying not to pass the consumption.
My carbs were spreaded : 35% pre workout
                                          20% post workout(Simple)
                                          25% post workout 2(Complex) (1 hour from your 1st post)
                                          20% for the rest of the day.
 *For my personal preference this 20% i had it at breakfast .

My protein was prety much spreaded evenly.
About fats, i consumed them whenever i wanted expect pre and post workout.
Cause they slow down  the absorption of the carbs. Witch isn't bad, but when you are going to workout you want to absorb all of them, especially if you cutting.


Now that we covered nutrition, let's talk about cardio.
As i said before  ,in the beginning i was doing two sessions per week.
But then i changed it to every Sunday by doing Hiit
My training split is and was : MON (Chest, Triceps, Shoulders)
                                               TYE (Back,Legs,Biceps)
                                               WEN Rest
                                               THUR (Chest, Triceps, Shoulders),
                                               FRI (Back,Legs,Biceps), three exercises for each muscle  group.


For the past two  weeks i have been on higher calories. More specifically 100 more on weekly basis.
On rest days i am consuming 2000 calories. With carbs at 1 gr per pound.
In addition to that i have carbohydrates in my other two meals. When I was cutting i consumed only in breakfast  80 grams of carbs.
On workout days i am 15 gr more in compare to last week of my cut.
I checked my weight and it was stable at 151 lbs(68,5 kg).
For the upcoming week i am going to increase my calories another 100 and my carbs (only on workout days by 10-15 grams).
 Of course if the weight changes i am going to adjust it.
 If i gain more than 0,5 pound (0,200 kg) then i 'll drop the calories.
 If i lose more than 1 pound (0,400 kg) i will increase the calories by 100.
 After establish the nutrition plan i will check my weight after 1 week.
 I weight in every week and right after i wake up and of course go toilet Smiley .

Well that was it folks.
Categories:

0 σχόλια :

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Show Emoticons